What is a Public Information Book (PIB)?
A Public Information Book (PIB) is a document that compiles available public information. CFI has organized all the main sources of public company filings such as 10-K, 10-Q, S-1,13D, EDGAR, SEDAR, and other databases. These sources are vital for financial analysts performing financial modeling and valuation work.
Which of the following item is typically not included in a public information book PIB?
Question: Which of the following item is typically not included in a Public Information Book (PIB)? Equity research reports Discounted cash flow model Industry reports Recent press releases.
What is included in a Pitchbook?
What Is a Pitchbook? A pitchbook is a sales document created by an investment bank or firm that details the main attributes of the firm, which is then used by the firm’s sales force to help sell products and services and generate new clients.
What are decks in investment banking?
A pitch book (or pitch deck), also called a Confidential Information Memorandum, is a marketing presentation (information layout) used by investment banks, entrepreneurs, corporate finance firms, business brokers and other M&A intermediaries advising on the sale or disposal of the shares or assets of a business.
How do you make a PIB in Factset?
- 1SETUP POWER AUTOMATE FLOW. Create a new Power Automate Flow to run ahead of an event for a specified Office 365 profile and calendar.
- 2EXTRACT ENTITIES FROM THE OUTLOOK EVENT. …
- 3RETURN FACTSET PERMINENT ID AND NAME. …
- 4CREATE PUBLIC INFORMATION BOOK. …
- 5SEND EMAIL WITH BOOK BUILDER DOCUMENT AS AN ATTACHMENT.
What do investment bankers do?
The Role of an Investment Banker
Investment banks help companies and governments raise capital by issuing stock or borrowing money. They also act as advisers and go-betweens on mergers and acquisitions. The capital markets are a fast-paced, high-stakes, and highly regulated environment.
What is financial modeling used for?
Financial modeling is a representation in numbers of a company’s operations in the past, present, and the forecasted future. Such models are intended to be used as decision-making tools. Company executives might use them to estimate the costs and project the profits of a proposed new project.
Where does Pitchbook get its information?
Fragmented, complex and hard-to-manage information from around the world is turned into actionable insights after being sourced, organized and integrated through the application of over 100 proprietary processes.
How do you pitch an investment bank book?
Step by Step Guide to Creating an Investment Banking PitchBook
- #1 Capabilities and Qualifications of the Investment Bank.
- #2 Market Updates.
- #3- Transaction Section.
- #1 Main PitchBook.
- #2- Deal pitch book.
- #3- Management Presentations.
- #4- Combo / Scenario Analysis.
- #5- Targeted Deal PitchBook.
What is a pitch book WSO?
A pitch book (or pitch deck) is a document used by investment banks to help pitch potential transactions to current and potential clients.
How do I download financial statements from FactSet?
To retrieve the data in the Factset tab, select Data Downloading under the refresh dropdown menu as shown below. You will then be asked to save a new file which includes the downloaded data. Excel will create a separate file (or data file) for each identifier which displays the requested data.
How do you make a FactSet watchlist?
How to Create a Custom List of Identifiers
- Select Quotes tab > Watchlist subtab.
- To select identifiers, use either or a combination of the following two methods: Use Identifier Lookup function to add individual identifiers. …
- From right-click menu, select Save Ticker List.
- Enter filename and save in Personal folder.
What are the big 4 investment banks?
Largest full-service investment banks
JPMorgan Chase. Goldman Sachs. BofA Securities. Morgan Stanley.
Who uses PitchBook data?
Business professionals from around the globe are using PitchBook to save time, work smarter and analyze information more efficiently. With offices in Seattle, New York, San Francisco, London and Hong Kong, PitchBook supports companies worldwide.
How does PitchBook get valuation data?
The PitchBook method for calculating a valuation is much more accurate. We start with a company’s cap table and series terms. Our analysts use a proprietary formula that’s similar to calculating market cap for publicly traded companies and incorporate factors like issued number of shares and option pool estimates.
How do you pull data from a PitchBook?
Downloading Data From PitchBook To Excel
- Choose a Template. …
- Search Result Columns Template. …
- Deals Template. …
- Download Deals Search Results To Excel. …
- Review Downloaded Data In Excel. …
- Download Company Profile Data to Excel File. …
- Select Download Template. …
- Review Public Financials Pitchbook Download In Excel.